The following key issues and objectives were identified and agreed upon for further development for regional and national strategies, projects or programs at the CANSA AGM held at Nagarkot, Nepal in July 2017.
- To raise awareness and build capacity on options and processes in climate finance amongst key stakeholders (governments, cso’s, private sector) in South Asia region.
- Advocate for transparency and accountability at national and sub-national level on utilisation of climate finance.
LOW CARBON DEVELOPMENT
- To influence and enhance the 2020 NDC (Nationally Determeind Contributions) targets and commitments of South Asian nations.
- To independently monitor, assess and report the implementation of
- To independently, monitor, assess and report the implementation of NDCs of South Asian countries.
- To document and disseminate best practices of resilience across South Asia.
- To mobilise and develop capacities of governments, communities and CSO stakeholders in framing appropriate adaptation and resilience building plans.
LOSS & DAMAGE AND CLIMATE INDUCED MIGRATION
- To advocate for protection of climate migrants in South Asia, particularly those who are force to cross borders.
- To highlight the need for loss and damage finance in South Asia at international and regional levels and demand a spate financial stream.