CANSA along with member partners CEN, Nepal and SDS, Bangladesh will be hosting a UNFCCC side event another side event at COP 27 on “Climate Resilience Ensuring equity and justice for poor in Urban development” on November 14th from 15:00-16:30 ( Egyptian Local Time ) at Room Amon/ Side Event Room no 3.
We request members, friends and colleagues of CANSA, especially those who are physically present at COP 27 pavilion on 14th/ Monday to please join us for this interesting discussion. for colleagues who are present in respective countries in South Asia the event can be listened on the official secretariat-managed YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/c/UnfcccInt/playlists )
Local Timing of this event for South Asia are “6:30 to 8 pm ( IST)/ Sri Lanka Time; 6:15 to 7:45 pm ( Nepal Time); 7 to 8:30 pm ( Bangladesh Time); 6 to 7: 30 pm ( Pakistan Time) and 5:30 to 7 pm ( Afghan Time)”
The discussion aims to highlight the plight of Urban poor in South Asia who are facing loss & damage due to climate change, largely due to limited financial and tech capacity of countries to build climate resilient infrastructure . Aiming to advocate equity in financing a just & inclusive urban development that ensures our cities become net carbon negative”.
The discussion will be Moderated by Mr. Sanjay Vashist Director, CANSA and our esteemed speakers for the event confirmed so far are as follows:
1. Mr. Manjeet Dhakal Head of LDC Support Team, Climate Analytics and CEN Nepal
2. Nakul Sharma, Project Coordinator (CANSA)
3. Ms. Khodeja Sultana Lopa, Country Director, Diakonia, Bangladesh
4. Hon. Mayor Mr. FIrhad Hakim ( KMC) or Mr. Debashish Kumar Hon. Member Board of Administrators of KMC and ex-Mayor in Council of Kolkata Municipal Corporation
5. Dr. Liakath Ali, Director Urban Development, Climate Change, and Disaster Risk at BRAC
6. Ms. Madeleine Woerner, Energy Policy Expert Misereor